Monday, August 8, 2011

July went flying by!



The month of July was fast, furious and filled with fun! I was in no mood for blogging and when I was, I didn't have my computer with me. July always means our annual trip to Arkansas to go camping around the fourth of July. This year, it was close to 55 of our relatives all on one lake. Most of the group was in cabins, while my family (plus a couple of more families) camped out at Pikeville. There is never a dull moment when it comes to our camping trips and my kids have a blast. Here are a few pictures to highlight our trip:

we played with cousins....


We sang and danced....


We jumped without hesitation...

We endured two storms (losing two awnings, tarps, toys, tents, one jet ski and almost tipped over the houseboat)....
And we enjoyed sunsets.....

After our camping trip, Kennedy and I took off to Denton so I can attend a basketball camp while she got to spend some time with my cousins, who absolutely adore her. Huge thanks to Mary and her family to put up with us during that week!

Immediately after getting back from Denton, I had my Hall of Hoops camp at Byrd HS. The kids stayed in Ruston while I drove back and forth each day. I was glad to get my camps going again after taking a few years off from it. I still do my private team camps, but doing a camp open to the public had been put on hold.

Let's see, what else happened in July???? Oh yeah! My sweet younger brother, Kip, got married!! What a big time event that was! Both our kids participated in the wedding and they did fantastic! It was a long weekend, but it was great visiting with family and watching a sweet couple say their vows. They seem so incredibly happy and everything was perfect.

Landon practicing being the ring "master"

Before the wedding...


During the wedding...


And after the wedding!!!
Cochran cousins
Jolly cousins (my mom's side)


And the happy couple...


Now, let's see if August can top that!

No comments: