Tuesday, May 5, 2009

All about me...

I guess I need to have one post that does NOT include our kids. Yes, they are the center of our world (as they should, in my opinion) but it's not always the case.

This past weekend, I got to take my 2nd annual girls weekend trip to the beach. We stayed at my friend, Shannon Robert's, house in Blue Mountain, Fl. It is located between Sand Destin and Seaside. Perfect location, company, and weather. A total of seven of us went: Shannon, Michelle Drewett, Sara Adcox, and rookies, Sharla McCluskey, Lauren Roebuck, and Jill Gaudet. All of us are moms of wonderful children, so we REALLY enjoyed conversation (that wasn't constantly interuppted by wild kids) and sleeping in!! Well, I had to get up each morning and pump because I wanted to continue nursing Kennedy when I got home, but it was still nice to sleep all night and not waking up to a crying baby.

I did start to miss Lance because I went a week without seeing him (he was still in Vegas before I left). And I have to brag on what a wonderful job he did with both the kids while I was gone. My mom watched the kids on Thursday and Friday, while Lance had them Saturday and Sunday. It was the most time he has had with BOTH kids by himself. Landon pitched a fit when Lance left for work on Monday and Tuesday when I got home. That tells me how much he LOVES having his daddy around. Lance took a video of Landon playing in a HUGE water puddle (he latest obession) that I will have to download a different time.

Anyway, we enjoyed our girl getaway, shopping, eating out every night and laying on the beach all day. I am already looking forward to next year!

Waiting for our table at the Red Bar. They had the best fish and key lime pie!!! Yum!

Too much sun for me so I was hiding under the umbrella!! Perfect weather and it wasn't too hot (thank goodness!!)

3 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

Ahh...looks like paradise! I am so GLAD you had a wonderful time. Downtime like that is what makes us better mommies! Yours was well deserved! See you soon!

Shelley (Cole) Parker said...

I am not going to say that I am not jealous....but SO GLAD you had a great time. Loved getting to see you and Kennedy today :)

The Tylers said...

YEA for you time!!! So glad y'all had a blast. I bet the best part of the trip was seeing your kids when you got back! Playdate soon???