Sunday, April 12, 2009

Well, our Easter didn't start off too great, but it ended perfect! Friday night I went to visit some old high school friends to have dinner and we had a wonderful time catching up and remembering old times. As I was driving home, the stomach bug hit hard. Let me just say that it was a long ride home by myself. Thank goodness it was only a 24 hour bug, but I felt bad that my mom got it as well. I guess she will think twice about keeping the kids next time since we both got it from Landon! I love you mom and I am glad you are feeling better too!

Lance was a wonderful dad and husband this weekend. He took up ALL of the slack while I was in bed ALL day on Saturday. I think a day and a half with the kids by himself was good for him. He actually really enjoyed it, but I think he is exhausted. And this is after he drove 10 hours to get home from the Masters on Friday. Give it up for my 'super dad' husband!!

Easter Sunday wasn't like I had planned, but it will do! We woke up and Landon was so ready to see the 'motorcycle' that the Easter bunny brought him. For some reason he thought he was getting two motorcycles and asked where the Easter bunny went so he could bring the other one! Too funny! He got one of the big wheel tricycles like his buddy, Henry, and I guess he thought he was getting a real one like his Papa Kenny too.

Apparently, Landon caught the stomach bug at school on Thursday. I got a call to see if I wanted come pick him after he threw up during lunch. They weren't sure if he just ate too fast, had too much Easter candy, or if it was a stomach bug. They said he was acting fine and didn't think he was sick since he was acting normal. He never once slowed down or acted sick and it wasn't until Friday night that I realized that he had a bug and had given it to me. I am just glad I decided to leave him home Friday morning from our church Easter egg hunt even though he seemed fine. And, obviously, we didn't attend the Saturday Easter Egg hunt at Squire Creek. I really wanted the kids to go to that, but I knew it would have been hard for Lance to take them by himself.

On Easter Sunday, we weren't able to attend church due to the fact that I didn't want to take any chances with Landon playing with other kids even though he probably no longer contagious. We did, however, make it out to Squire Creek for lunch with Lance's family. Lance's sister and husband were in town and hadn't seen the kids yet so we enjoyed seeing them. Afterward we went over the Lance's parents to watch the Masters and have an egg hunt inside since it was raining outside. Landon wore his Jana out with hiding the eggs over and over. I forgot my camera!! :( I was disappointed that I didn't have it with me. I felt great most of the day but I continued to keep my distance from everyone.

Well, I was able to get a few shots over the weekend. Some of these are from Landon's Easter party at school (prior to him getting sick). Hope everyone had a great Easter!

Landon's class

Landon's buddy Brady

Hunting eggs at school

Temple Mother's Day out classes

The Easter bunny came!!

1 comment:

Hannah Lee said...

How cool is that Big Wheel! I can see Landon now having tons of races inside and outside of the house! Happy Easter to yall and glad you all are feeling better!