Monday, September 28, 2009

The boy with many birthdays....

Yesterday, Landon turned three years old! I can hardly believe it's been three years since he came into our lives and I can't imagine life without him or Kennedy! He is my sweet little man and he had an amazing day...

We had to miss out of church because both kids have a cold (yucky noses that never stop!). I made some blueberry muffins to start the day out and sang Happy Birthday and let him open a couple of small gifts. He got to plan the days menu and no one complained one bit about muffins, chicken nuggets, pizza and cupcakes! We basically played outside the entire day (minus the naps) and ended the day with a visit from my parents. He was really excited to see them and went nuts over the gift they gave to him. It's an orange and black balance bike that is supposed to help kids learn how to ride two wheelers faster and without having training wheels. It's very popular overseas and it makes a lot of sense.

In honor of my little man turning three...

T - Three wonderful, eventful, sleep deprived years that I will (hopefully) never forget

H - Handsome young man (like his daddy) that gets me every time with his adorable smile!

R - Rough-housin' boy that loves to tackle!

E - Energetic and endearing personality that LOVES Eggo muffin tops

E - Expensive (my fault entirely) but completely worth it!!!

And a couple of pics... (of course)

Breakfast muffins!!

This is the balance bike without pedals...it makes them learn to balance and use their feet

Sweaty boy after playing all afternoon and night outside and with his new bike

and here is a quick video of Landon this morning on the balance bike. Thought it was great progress for day two!!

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

What a sweet post! Katie: you are one amazing mom. REALLY! You inspire me! See you very soon!