Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas from the Halls!


Christmas is finally here and it has been such a great season. We are so blessed to have a wonderful family and great friends. I love this time of year and what a glorious way to celebrate the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ!!!!

This Christmas celebration kick started with seeing my cousins and family in Shreveport on the 22nd to celebrate my cousin, Matt's, birthday. This would be the only time to see this group during Christmas which will be the first time ever to not see them on Christmas Eve. We decided it was just too much to drive back and forth this year and wanted to stay home.

On Christmas Eve, we were to go over to Lance's parents to have lunch and open gifts. Well, Kennedy got sick the night before and I decided to take her into a walk-in clinic to get checked out in case it was the flu or strep. She had an upper respiratory infection and ended up getting a shot that worked wonders. She perked up the next day. I was sooo disappointed to miss out on some yummy food that I look forward to all year. At least I got a to go plate!! That afternoon we spent time with Lance's family and cousins and had the annual bingo game. This took place in Ruston, so we were able to have an early night to get ready for Christmas day.

This would be the first Christmas that I would cook Christmas lunch for everyone (my parents, brother, in laws, sister in law and her husband and my family)...not sure what i was thinking!! I botched up the dressing (don't ask) and didn't have the turducken ready for lunch (don't ask). Soooo, we basically had nothing to eat. After my meltdown, we scraped up some things to make some taco soup to hold us off until dinner time when the meat would be finished. Everything ended up great and I have since then, remade the dressing so I wouldn't let it get the best of me. And let me tell you, it was YUMMMY!!!

Anyway, everyone got spoiled, we survived with very few meltdowns (including mine), over stuffed our bellys, and we are still riding this Christmas 'high'. The best part of it all, it was laid back and we didn't have to travel (wonderful when you have two young babies!!). I hope everyone had a fun, safe, and fabulous Christmas!!!

beware!!! Picture overload!!! ;)

Playing swords with cousin Brooklyn
Getting goodies out for the 'big guy'
Checking out the chimney making sure Santa can come down
Sir Landon

Landon's loot
Kennedy's loot
Kennedy getting excited about the paper!! Yay!
Landon giving Kennedy the gift he picked out all by himself...and she loves it!!

Landon 'shooting' Pirate Papa!

My sweet cowgirl
My sweet cowboy


repeat pic that i can't delete!!! :*(

No comments: