Monday, December 6, 2010

Polar Express Weekend

This past Saturday, my parents and I took the kids to Dallas to spend some time with some relatives and my cousin's birthday party. It was a long weekend, packed full with fun, but well worth it. The kids did pretty good considering all the time we spent in the car going from place to place.

We got to see both Aunt Lisa and Aunt Jennifer's new houses. We also got to see my niece, Kenzie, perform in her gymnastics meet. Then we celebrated Emma's 8th birthday at Aunt Jen's house. We all didn't get into bed until midnight and my kids were exhausted!

I had no idea what a wonderful guitar player Rob (my cousin's, Mary, husband) is and Kennedy loved dancing to the music and really enjoyed playing his guitar!
Kennedy and Caitlin. K had been in the car all day and she couldn't have been more excited to see her!


On Sunday we woke up and laid around Aunt Jen's house until we headed out. We then drove to Palestine to the Polar Express train depot, where Lance met us there to have a family train ride on the Polar Express. It was cute and it was worth seeing the kids expressions when they saw the north pole, the train conductor, and then Santa Claus. I really thought Kennedy was going to flip out when she saw him, but she did good and even got the bell out of his hand. All the adults really enjoyed Kennedy's love of dancing. She danced the entire train ride!

I know several friends that have taken their kids to the is ride soI knew it was going to be a long day. I would probably suggest you go at least once. Don't expect it to be spectacular, but I can tell you that young kids will enjoy it. Older kids might think it's cheesy (and adults too), but if you ask me, just get into the spirit and have fun with it, it will be really fun for all ages!

Kennedy dancing with the girls

Kennedy hearing the bells

Looking for the north pole



My favorite picture....Landon hearing the bell saying I believe!!

After the train ride, we drove through Santa Land in Lindale, TX. This is the drive through lights that is located right off the interstate. Really cute and worth making a stop if you are ever driving through!

No comments: