Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sunburned Spring

Hello Spring!!!!!!! I am so pumped! I was dreading this winter thinking it was going to be a long one, but it was pretty mild. And thank goodness spring is here which means getting outside, crawfish, and beach time!!!!

We made our first trip to the condo of the year and only planned for a short 4 day trip. Well, it turned into a 12 day trip for me and the kids...lots of laundry done each day since I didn't pack much for us to wear. And I didn't realize how warm it was either! A good friend of mine who lives in Birmingham made a trip down for a few days with her 3 year old daughter and 5 year old son which worked out perfect for our kids. They got along great but had to head back home on Wednesday. It was so nice to catch up with my sweet friend and for some late night girl talks.

I can already tell this is going to be a fun year at the condo with the kids. I absolutely love their ages right now (5 and 3) and they are playing so well together. After 13 plus trips down to the beach the past two years, this was the first trip I had both kids by myself on the drive down and while at the condo. I guess i usually have one kid in Lance's car or have someone with me in the car to help with the kids needs. They were great and i survived!!

The first two days were nasty and wet and then it was followed up with a couple of days of fog. Lance was due to arrive on Wednesday just as the weather was turning ideal. The kids and I were supposed to head back to Ruston on Thursday to allow Lance host some of directors for their annual weekend of meetings down in Orange Beach. After looking at the forecast and visiting with lance about the possibility of us staying during his meetings, we got it worked out to where we could stay through the weekend and then even into the next week since no one was coming into the condo. With the forecast looking great, I asked my friend Becky smith with her three boys to come down for a few days. It was a great way to kick off the beach season! Here are just a couple of pictures i was able to capture:


water was freezing but those crazy boys didn't mind AT ALL!
Lander and Landon

George and Kennedy


No comments: